Sunday, November 18, 2007

Waiting

It is February 16, 2004 and I am in waiting for the news that I know is coming. I have been at Rex hospital with a tube in my chest, draining fluid, having scopes, scans and blood tests. It is a Monday and she has waited until the days' end to tell me.

"I just want to see my daughter graduate from high school", I say.
"I think we can do that", she says back.

The thing that I was so afraid of for so long has happened. It is back....in two places.....my bones and my chest wall lymph nodes. And so begins an incredible journey of faith, family, friends,
and modern medicine.

Ten months later, I am back on the tables, having scans and tests. It is the week before Christmas and I am committing a no-no. I am allowing these tests to be run before a major holiday. I have stepped out on complete faith that healing has happened in this body. It was a wonderful Christmas.

"I have set my goals too short", I say to her that spring of 2005. "Graduation is in six weeks."
"How about we go for grandmother status?" she says back.

Oh yeah.

We are still working toward that goal. In 17 months, my daughter will graduate from college.
And even though we still are in the midst of a struggle, and the scans, scopes, and blood tests
have not been the best, we do not give up or give in. There is still so much to see and do. And we still have a purpose to fulfill. God's purpose, God's promise. His grace is upon us.

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.