Thursday, November 8, 2007

A glimpse

As I lay there in the PET scanner, I looked at the technician getting ready to snap those ever-threatening pictures of the "activity" of my disease. She wasn't much older than me, blonde, petite, and scurrying about with determined efficiency....the picture of health for a middle-aged woman. I thought about her as she disappeared behind the glass partition and I was suddenly and unexplainably overcome with a feeling of well-being. I could actually feel my healthy, fit body from seven years ago. What was this??? Was it an indication of what these pictures were going to show? (unfortunately not) Was is just the synapses firing in my memory banks, triggered by the sight of the technician???(too scientific for me) Or what is a gift. Yes! It was a gift from God, reminding me that my health lies with Him. That He has died on a cross for me so I can be healed. That my well-being rests in His arms even in the middle of a PET scan when the numbers look bad and the results are scary. In that cold, sterile, and often frightening environment, the Lord whispers "Trust Me" as the machine starts to whirr and click, reminding me that the He alone is my redeemer.

"Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me."
Acts 27:25

No comments: