Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Billboards

I had been told through prayerful prophesy that God would use me through speaking, writing, and billboards. Billboards?? How could the person praying with me possibly know about the billboard?? That one word, her one utterance from the Lord and at that moment I knew I needed to tell about the billboard.......

It was the spring of 2006. I cannot tell you what treatment I was receiving at the time, but all I know is that my tumor marker was on the rise again. Another regimen would be tossed out, another round of something else started. I had received the news from my doctor's office as I was driving to Myrtle Beach, SC for a business trade show. I was on Highway 9, headed east on a route I had traveled many times.

Now, as an aside, on this highway, about 30 miles outside of Myrtle Beach there is an "Official
Welcome Center" for the resort beach. I always found that so funny because it made you think you were close to your destination when you were still so far from it. They also had painted the building an awful yellow with purple/blue trim and I always had viewed the building as an eye-sore.

Back to the road trip. As I was pondering the results of this latest blood test, I really started to
question God's purpose for this latest development. Actually, I think I started to rant at Him a bit, feeling sorry for myself and questioning His will in my life. I wanted to know: What was He thinking????, What was the meaning of this down-turn??? What was I supposed to do with this bad news???? What do I tell all the faithful who are praying for me???? What, what what????

Just as that last set of whats came out of my mouth, just as I finished my rantings, I came to the point in the highway where that "Official Welcome Center" sat. This time, instead of looking at the building, I looked right above it. And there was a billboard with God's answer in God's perfect timing just as I drove by. On that billboard was two words in huge print that said
"YOU'RE HERE" .

That's right. God spoke to me loud and clear that day. I was still here. Here to drive, work, laugh, love, LIVE. "You're here" He said. I was and I still am. As always, He was right.

"He sent his word, and healed them and delivered them from their destructions." Psalm 107:20

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

easetrafe [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-motilium-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Motilium without no prescription online[/url] [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-bactrim-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Bactrim without no prescription online[/url]