Sunday, October 28, 2007

Even though I walk

Well,
My body has betrayed my again. A certainly decent and tolerable treatment has stopped working for me. Now we are back to staging scans, meetings, and let's see what we can try next.
The shadow of this recent setback has not left me even after getting the news four days ago.
Next week we will find out all kinds of things: where, how much, what to do, how long. And I feel so "normal"!
What has the Lord planned for me this time? Am I under attack from Satan because I am beginning to share my testimony? Who knows! This is the grey area of cancer. Until the very end, there is very little black and white. I have always embraced the greyness of this disease when it became metastatic. Grey means we don't know but we're gonna try. Grey means no one has laid down hard and fast numbers. Grey means that even thought the future is blurry it is still a future. I am still in the game...I am still a soldier in the battles of this war. Time to pull up my boot straps one more time and face this new fight.
Above all, I still belong to a loving and wonderful God who is with me no matter what...every step of the way. I am His child and He has promised me many things and He does not lie!

"even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for you are with me.... Psalms 23:4

No comments: