Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Habakkuk 1:5

Who ever reads the book of Habakkuk? It's in the Old Testament, in case you didn't know. I never could have told you that. I would have missed the Jeopardy question. But one day, in the midst of a very spiritual prayer group, God opened up my bible for me to page 792. A place in the Book where I had never been nor would ever go without His fingers doing the walking.

I had been in treatment for metastatic breast cancer for about a year. My scans were great, I was off chemotherapy and on hormonal treatments, and oh so thankful. YET, I still could not get over the feeling of doubt and uncertainty. What did my future hold. How was God manifesting His healing grace in me? How long would I stay healthy? How long would I live? Of course, the old enemy Satan never misses a chance to plant those seeds of negativity and disbelief in every one of us, and even though I had been witness to so much grace and mercy and miracles, Satan was still tap-dancing on the back of my mind...whispering his conspiracy theories and lies.

And so, just when I needed it the most, and as usual with His perfect timing, God jumped right up and said "Hey!" and knocked me off my feet with a little verse from Habakkuk:

"Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told."

Oh my...oh yes! That was two springs ago and I am still utterly amazed...amen.

No comments: