Wednesday, January 2, 2008

November 2006

Fat, dumpy grumpy wife.
Sick and tired and even more tired.
Don't you want to run?
Don't you want to leave?
Sell out, before it's too late!

There is no rest for us,
No tenderness for us,
No relief from stress for us.

How do we keep from just giving up?
What the hell happened here over 5 long years ago?

Where is your long-haired girl
Who never turned down a party,
Was a gourmet cook, the big entertainer,
Would never dream of sleeping in seperate beds?

She is on the sofa, as always,
a fat, dumpy, grumpy wife.
Full of complaints and short on hair
With oh so many scars......don't you want to run?

(This was written to my wonderful husband just after I had turned down (again)going out with him to meet co-workers at a restaurant. He is the faithful one who still listens to my complaints, still takes care of me when I need him, thinks my short hair is beautiful and still...fourteen hard months later...has not run.)

No comments: