Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How goes the battle?

"How goes the battle?" the pastor asked this past Sunday. "Great!" I said. "I've had some great news to start the new year."

What I really wanted to say to him was,"how much time do you have to listen? The battles go on. "

Some of these battles I have won with spectacular and magnificent results. Some of the battles have been lost with stunning surprise or slow defeats. All of my battles have a story. All my battles have divine presence and purpose. All my battles involve a large and eclectic mix of soldiers who make up my family, friends, co-workers, and health-care providers. My personal army here on earth joined with heavenly forces led by the Greatest Commander.

My battles rage on every day. But every day I can wake up and know that even though sometimes I feel like running from the fight, waving the white flag, going AWOL...I cannot forget that my soldiers are waiting to face the day with me. We will fight like we always do with prayer, encouragement, belief and hope. We lose some, we win some, we never give up.

"How goes the battle" can be answered in so many ways, but more importantly than any answer about the battle is our opinion of the war. We are standing on The Word and the Promises that when it comes to the war, victory is our only outcome.

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." 2 CO 10:4

No comments: