Saturday, January 31, 2009

To SJ at the Lake

When you get back on this blog, know this is for you: Do not be afraid, for I am with you. You are not alone now or ever. You may need to draw closer, but remember, I have always been right beside you. I am your rock, your strength, your redeemer.

There is so much I want to talk to you about, but have not been able to figure out how to respond to people who comment on this sight. Please e-mail me at kapers@northstate.net. There is so much in the journal meant to uplift and encourage. I can direct you to those posts. So far, I have lived five years with bone, lung, liver and brain mets. I am treated off and on between chemo and hormone therapies. Just did radiation on one site on my femur for pain and had two lesions removed in my brain by the wonders of the Cyber-knife. There is one of these marvelous machine in Concord and one Chapel Hill.

There is always hope, my dear, and at your stage of the game, there are countless combinations of drugs to try. This is a battle...a long one. But the good news is they are treating us as chronic patients, not terminal ones. Always remember that.....and if your Dr. doesn't take that position, find a new one. K

No comments: