Tuesday, December 9, 2008

This week in December

This week in December:

I started back on Taxotere/Xeloda. My old friends from 2004
I am through with radiation in a strange place and back to the home front on Asheville Ave.
We are back to trying to figure out how to bring the marker down.
Another year has gone by since the days of Ixempra as a last, best hope.
I will have to change my profile on this blog to say "53 years old."
I will be seven years out from a transplant.

My bones are in bad shape, but everything else seems fairly manageable.
We are examining gamma knives, hormone shots, numbness in my hand.
Maha is off to San Antonio, to the National Breast Cancer Symposium. I know I will be on her mind...a little gnawing voice in the back of her head, demanding attention, wanting her to find another back up plan, and better yet, a world of possibilities.

My daughter starts her first set of senior exams...college almost done.
My Christmas tree will be decorated, presents wrapped, house full of little lights.
The days will be filled with food , fun and family.

And, as so many years before, this week in December will be interspersed with medical information, scans, hopes, prayers, gratefulness, tearful moments, snapshots of life, still going by, still being lived, still being watched over by the grace of God.....still mine, creating memories
to last us all a lifetime.

And, as always, what can I possibly say to thank all those who got me here, who keep me here.
I love you all more than you could ever know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Kathy,

Just wanted to let you know that I think of you often and that I will never forget the day we met at CCNC and the long talk on the cell phone about "doctors"

You are an inspiration! Stay strong and contiune to fight.

Fran