Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Here I am

I know I've been away for two weeks. I needed to focus my energies on many other things.
Christmas bore down on my like a fast-moving train. Relatives came and went. We came and went. Meals were cooked and eaten and praised and packed into little plastic containers for another day. Tiny white lights made each evening a wonderland of respite in my house. Fires were going most of the day in the fireplace. Norman Rockwell was alive and present in Trinity.
And somewhere in between all the hustle and bustle; the music and joy; the praise and heart warmth, I managed to have two small lesions burned away in my brain by a Cyberknife and my liver biopsied for ER/PR hormonal confirmation of my original cancer pathology.
It's been quite the fourteen days. I couldn't write about it all because I had to keep each day and each separate event in its own little box until it was time to pull it out and deal with it.

But I found that God was sitting in a big comfy chair in my house, covering my family with love and faithfulness. Reassuring me of more Christmases to come. Loving me, encouraging me, never leaving my side...not for a minute. And all the while, we honored His son, the Greatest Gift of all.

2009 is two days away....a mere 48 hours. How did this happen so quickly? Through faith and medicine, strength and wisdom, truth and trust............mostly through love. Love I have for the Lord, my family, my friends, my medical family, for my life...good, bad, scary or easy.


During my last appointment of the year with Maha, she said something to me that snapped me right out of the stress of the holiday and the medical procedures that were waiting for me the last two weeks. In absolute calmness and confidence, she said, "you should go to San Antonio
next year." San Antonio....National Breast Cancer Symposium...where all development, data and hope comes together for the previous twelve months. "I should go to San Antonio" translated immediately to "you will be able to go to San Antonio" Twelve months away....another entire year of living and loving and trying our best to keep the beast at bay.
I'm ready...so ready. I am fixing my eyes on the future and I am so grateful to be taking all of you with me! Are you all ready to go??? Well then, hang on for the ride of my life.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us and eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Cor 4:17

No comments: