Friday, February 15, 2008

This is the Year

She doesn't know it, but Maha did something for me yesterday that she has no idea had such tremendous spiritual weight and meaning. As she was leaving the exam room, she turned to me and fixed her beautiful eyes on mine and said a four word phrase that could have knocked me over. This phrase would have sounded like an encouraging phrase to anyone else, but to me it was a spiritual confirmation. It was a phrase that God had given her to tell me to let me know how divine and true the phrase was. I was completely amazed and stunned. She has no idea
how significant the her last words to me yesterday were.

The phrase she said to me was a phrase that my family prayed and claimed as a family around the dinner table just this past December 16th. My two brothers and I, our spouses and children all bowed our heads and said grace and agreed on the phrase. We were claiming the words of Jesus in Matthew 18:19 "...if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven."

We had decided as a family to adopt the phrase and believe and agree on the phrase. We have repeated the phrase many time when good things have happen to us all since that dinner. So when Maha turned to me and said it, it was as loud as thunder.

What is the phrase my family claimed??? "2008 is the year." We are standing on our faith and knowledge of God's goodness and mercy and His promise in Matthew 18:19. We have agreed that 2008 is the year. 2008 is the year of great blessings, miracles, and abundant life for our family. 2008 is THE YEAR it all happens.

When Maha said the same words, we had just been discussing the progress, the advances, the successes we have had and are having when it comes to my battle with cancer. She could have meant that she thought 2008 is the year of the great breakthrough, the big C for cure or the medical advancement that becomes my home run instead of just base hits. But I know what God meant when she said it. Even though she and I part ways in the days of Abraham when it comes to our religions, God meant for her to say that exact phrase to me as if to say,"You see, Kathy. Here is another one of my children who agrees with your claim. Here is divine confirmation of your hopes and prayers and beliefs from someone who you would not have ever thought of. She agrees...she believes."

Maybe Maha was talking about medical advancements. Maybe.....but maybe not. I think even though a third person in the room (and there was one) may have thought that's what she was talking about, her eyes told me the truth. She said the phrase because she agrees, she believes.....2008 is the year. It gives me such strength, such hope and such proof that God is always with us and never hesitates to make me aware of His presence. In my first paragraph I said she had no idea how significant those words were. In retrospect...after writing this all down...I take that back. She knew.

No comments: